Norton Secured Trust Seal (formerly known as VeriSign Trust Seal) is an animated graphic that displays on Web pages powered by VeriSign. You find the animated graphic on every web page on our website. When you click the Norton Secured Trust Seal, a verification page opens containing information about the site name, seal status, site owner, identity verified and the status of malware scans (eg. addgadgets.com passed the malware scan on Dec 4, 2012).
When you see the Norton Secured Trust Seal on our web pages, it means that our website has passed a daily malware scan by Symantec. If our website is infected with any computer viruses, spyware, trojan horses, worms, adware or other malicious programs the Symantec will notify us by email (type of malware and the infected pages) and Norton Secured Trust Seal animated graphic will be disappear until the infection is removed. So we can remove the malware immediately.
There are 6 types of the Norton Secured Trust Seal.
1. Symantec SSL Wildcard with SSL certificate ($1999 for 1 year, $3595 for 2 years , $5095 for 3 years).
2. Symantec Secure Site Pro with EV SSL certificate ($1499 for 1 year, $2695 for 2 years).
3. Symantec Secure Site with EV SSL certificate ($995 for 1 year, $1790 for 2 years).
4. Symantec Secure Site Pro with SSL certificate ($995 for 1 year, $1790 for 2 years, $2480 for 3 years).
5. Symantec Secure Site with SSL certificate ($399 for 1 year, $695 for 2 years, $995 for 3 years).
6. Symantec Safe Site without SSL certificate ($299 for 1 year, $495 for 2 years, $695 for 3 years).
To Compare what is different SSL Certificates: http://www.symantec.com/theme.jsp?themeid=compare-ssl-certificates
We don't use SSL certificate so we buy the Symantec Safe Site.
Why so expensive we still buy?
We want to prove our website and Windows Gadgets is safe to increasing trust with our users.
At the moment there is no one Window Gadgets creator care about safe like us.